Thursday, February 26, 2015

Office complete

In the beginning of this renovation my husband and I promised ourselves that we would tackle one project, one room at a time. This way we could focus our time, money, energy, and mess on one space. Sadly, that has become quite a joke as we usually have multiple projects going on in EVERY SINGLE ROOM in the house. It's because of this craziness, there is an amazing feeling when a room comes to completion.

On a side note, I hate to say completion, because I often rarely feel like EVERYTHING could possibly be done in a room. But, for the purposes of the immediate future, I'll say complete.

The office, is finally a room that can go on the completed list. Amazingly, it is the last room we have touched and actually the first room to be totally done. Sure, there are a few things that maybe could be moved, a shelf that could be painted. I have a curtain made, but not hung and honestly, I don't know if I will hang it.

Like all projects, after its done, I love it! I want to be in there all the time. I can't understand how I didn't do this 2 years ago, instead of having this messy, ugly, storage hub. So here it is:

I started with this:


If only we had a picture of the mess this room became.
It was the room everything without a home came to die.
We barely functioned as an office, because if I had to dig anything out of the closet, it stayed to rest on the desk. 




After removing the carpet, scraping the glue, painting the trim, changing the light, painting the walls, painting the floors, adding an area rug, and building a craft desk. 


HIS


Here are some quick iPhone shots, I will get the camera out, clean up and show you the goods later :) Isn't it such a cool room!?!




 HERS

No comments:

Post a Comment